Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Proud Mom shares....and a Thank you to Candy!!

I want to say a HUGE Thank you to Candy!!!! She made the new header for my blog!! I had started trying to make one but just gave up!!! I really LOVE it!! THANK YOU!!! She did it as a surprise and I just popped on today after I posted this first post and saw it!!! THANKS!!! I LOVE IT!!!


I wanted to brag on my oldest child (well teenage, young man), Christian, for a moment.....=)

I had to announce that my young man was in the newspaper along with his two other teammates. Their pictures and everything!! He was so happy and excited. They were in the paper for being state qualifiers in the last gym meet and for the gym meet that is coming up not this Saturday but next. I am so proud of the growth God has done in him this year. He is becoming more responsible all around. He is very devoted to his gymnastics and enjoys it thoroughly.

Christian's 14th birthday is coming up May 9th!! I cannot believe that I have an almost 14 year old. I cannot believe that time can actually zoom by so fast. He was born May 9, 1995 weighing in at 7lbs 9oz. He was the sign from God reassuring me that He was really here for me and had been all along. I was only 19 at his birth!! I have to say that Christian is the reason that I held on to what little faith I had at the time. I was single, barely making it in college, spoiled rotten, and thought nothing could ever happen to me. God woke me up by giving me Christian. My growth did not happen overnight but was at a snails pace. I met Clay and we got married and he adopted Christian when he was 2 years old. God had again shown Himself to me!!! Clay and I, still growing at a snail's pace, grew together instead of apart!!! I am so thankful to God for everything He has given us!! I am thankful that God will continue to show Himself to me throughout this wonderful life!! He is my Heavenly Father and I will NEVER doubt Him again!! I know that throughout this life you grow and you truly grow closer to Him through the tough times. As I always say, "Nothing Great comes Easy!"

My Christian is the light of my life along with my 2 other blessings God has bestowed upon me. I enjoy watching him turn into the young man God desires him to be. I treasure the opportunities I have with him and appreciate that God is growing me into a mom that can finally drink in the greatness of her children and to be thankful for the many blessings I have!!

CONGRATULATIONS Christian!!! You are the most creative, gifted, skillful, handsome, intelligent, caring, loving, young Christian and I am so overwhelmingly proud of you!! I will leave you with these shots from today....Christian curled up with his history lesson in Clara's Woodland Climber....Rustie enjoyed it with him until he noticed me taking pictures through the window!!! I LOVE YOU, Bo!!!!!





4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You'll have to scan some of the article. Congratulations to Christian!! I can't believe he's going to be 14! Wow, time is just flying by.

Stephanie said...

Oh..and...I said this on facebook but wanted to say it here. Gorgeous header by Candy!

Laura said...

I saw Christian in the paper today! Very Cool!!

He and I have the same birthday! I have never met anyone that shared mine!! Double Cool!!

He is a great kid and you have so much to be proud of!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Christian! I'll be waiting for my copy...Love you=)