Thursday, March 6, 2008

Clara eats cereal for the first time and gave her bed a try this week

Well a lot of big steps for Clara have gone on this week. A few nights ago she slept in her crib for the first time. She did well, but I did not. It was a lot harder to walk all the way across the house when she needed me. I ended up crawling in bed a little after 11:30 and then she woke up at 12:15 and then 1 something, then 3 something, and I then proceeded to fall asleep on her floor until 5. Then she woke not long after that and I got her and put her in bed with me. Mommy was tired!! I then gave it a try the next night but put her in bed with me at about 3:30. Last night we went back to the bassinet/playpen right next to our bed. It is so much easier to just reach a couple feet and give her her binki back. I feel better rested too. The little clip of her in bed shows you that she enjoyed her bed. The pretty little baby doll was her first baby doll every given to her by Tierra. We cherish it!

Tonight she had her first taste of cereal and she LOVED it but she just did not like the fact that it would not come constant like her milk does from the bottle. Here is a link to the video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9328Hho9k Tomorrow I am going to the grocery store and we will try apple juice for the first time too. I just cannot believe she is already old enough to eat something. She will be 4 months old this coming Monday.

This week has been going smoothly. I finally started to crack the whip so to speak with the boys again. They were taking advantage of the fact that Clara and I would sleep late and they would slack on their chores and schoolwork, dragging it out. I finally put my foot down and said they would not be doing anything if they did not complete their chore/school work sheet that I have made up for them. They should be completely done with everything if they stay on task by the time the other children get out of school. I also made me a chore chart so I could see what was and was not getting done during the day/week. It helps me not to get so overwhelmed with the housework. I have also found a great website for grocery/meal planning that my dad told me about. He had heard about it from Dave Ramsey. It is http://www.e-mealz.com/ I had cooked 7 nights in a row of healthy meals that the kids loved. Tonight was the first night we went and ate out. We went to Roadhouse and I had salmon, broccoli, and green beans. The relevance of what I ate is b/c I have started a 10-day detox. I am limiting carbs, processed foods, and sugars, etc. I am feeling better. I started Tuesday. I have not had a soda in 3 days. This is HUGE for me!!!

No comments: