Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cupcakes....



Today I made cupcakes for my brother-in-law and mother-in-law. We are going to the lake tomorrow for their birthdays. Here are a few shots. The flowers turned out pretty nice. It was my first time doing fondant flowers and using luster dust. They were strawberry cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
The triathlon cupcakes really are sad. =( They did not taste good on top of that. They were chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream frosting. The frosting tasted good but the cake part....too cakey and dry. Looking for a new chocolate cupcake recipe!! If you have one please share it!!
I also went to a baby shower today. A friend of mine had her baby early. She was not due yet but she weighed in over 2lbs. She is doing great though. Her sister was born that early too due to high blood pressure. I saw pics of her and her daddy's wedding band fit on her upper arm. She is a beautiful little thing......named Preslee. I cannot wait to meet her in person. They feel she will be home in a few weeks. She needs to weigh around 5 lbs.
Clara was a hit at the shower as usual. Everyone is always so taken with her. She was personally asked to attend. Robin had not seen her since her welcome home shower. Was she in for a shock...Clara looks like she is 1 year old!! =D She was her precious little self if I do say so myself. Clara had time with her big girl cup today and she did great. I guess I am hesitant for my little baby to be a toddler. It is going by way too quickly!!!
There are somedays I think a 4th child would be fantastic!! Clay is definitely not there yet and there are somedays I wonder what I am thinking....=) I just adore my children and cherish every second I get to spend with them. We will see what God has in store for us. If this is my complete family I am 100% pleased and blessed beyond measure with that.

No comments: