Friday, July 23, 2010

Injury, Discouragement, and Moving Forward

Well, Friday evening my foot started aching/hurting.  I came to the conclusion that I probably have a stress fracture.  You talking about discouraging.  The one time in my life I have really gotten into and enjoyed the fact I am treating my body better through exercise and I go and do too much at once.  Man, does that sound like me….;)  I have stopped the running and took some days off to take it easy.  I have kept up some swimming.  I have lost track of what days I have swam but I have gotten some good ones in.  My longest was today at approx. 800 to 1000 yards.  I also rode the bike a little over 2.5 miles.  I think the bike is going to be the hardest for me in the tri. At least it did not hurt my foot so as much as I might not enjoy it I will be able to work on it and build up how far I can ride.  At this point 14.5 miles seems like FOREVER away!!!   I am just trying to stay encouraged and have the attitude that I will do my best and I will only get stronger.  I don’t have long to train as the tri is in September.  At this point, I just want to complete it….I just keep telling myself that…but the competitor in me wants to do better than just complete it.   Clay has offered to stay behind and complete the tri together but I hate holding him back.  How great is he!   God has blessed me more than I could have ever dreamed of or prayed for!  Well, that is it for the tri-training update.

On another note, Christian has been working on another play with the children’s theater.  The shows start tomorrow night @ 7, Saturday at 2 and 7 and Sunday at 2.  We are watching tomorrow night.  Matt, Candy, my Mom & Dad, GG (my grandma), Jerry (my Dad’s brother, my uncle) along with Amy and her son Kyle are going to watch it.   Afterwards we are coming back over here to play some volleyball!!  I cannot wait!   

Cullen also did a week long academy at the children’s theater last week and he did AWESOME!!  I was so proud of him. This was his second time and he really improved.  He enjoyed it and I was thrilled that he would like to do more of them.  I need to get the pics off my phone (b/c I FORGOT my camera) and try to post them here…not sure how to do that though.  We shall see.

That is it for now…..until next time!

No comments: