Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Triathlon….Here I come!

God is truly amazing…. AMAZING I tell ya!! First he heals me of a life-long eating addiction through veganism and healing my body of depression, anxiety, and lowering my blood pressure to as low as it has ever been, losing 30 lbs over the year instead of gaining 20 or so as I had been doing in the past years. He has given me energy I never thought I could have, and a true happy, peaceful feeling about my health that I cannot remember ever having. He has also basically taken away Cullen and Clara’s eczema. Cullen’s asthma is history! Our family is hardly ever sick and if so it is minor. Well, God has gone and done it again. He has given me the hope and energy to attempt a triathlon in September. I am hoping to use my blog to document my activity to encourage myself to continue on this physical health journey and hopefully be an encouragement to others. God has a tremendous sense of humor and I can see Him laughing at me right now. I had always said I would NEVER do a triathlon and have even given Clay grief over his riding his bike so often and working so hard. I feel badly I was not as encouraging and uplifting as he is for me. I continue to work on that weakness of mine! I just pray that God continues to push me to be a better me and to treat myself as He had planned!

This week thus far I have:

SUNDAY: I rode my bike 5 miles, walked (ran a bit) of a mile, and swam almost 200 yards in the lake. We are going to try making one day during the weekend our tri time. Where we work our way up to the triathlon. (for those of you that don’t know what a tri consists of like myself for so long it is a 14.5-mile bike ride, 3.1-mile run, and a 650 yard swim!) I am going to do my best and that is all I can do! I have to again say how AWESOME my husband is. He is so encouraging. He did the mini-tri with me (he set it all up for me…I thought I was only going on a bike ride) and encouraged me. He would say things to encourage me especially on the bike ride when I thought I was going to DIE!!!!

MONDAY: I ran 1/2 a mile and walked 1/2 a mile and got a good swim in.

TUESDAY: I completed almost a 1-mile run (I started out walking). Then got a 10-minute swim in.

I am hoping to make a complete 1-mile run tonight. It will be the second complete mile I have run in my life. This time feels totally different than the first time I ran a mile which was probably 2 years or so ago. It was one of the best feelings I have had in my life but I felt like I was going to DIE…felt awful…just awful!!! I knew it was only God b/c at that time my body was full of JUNK and I am surprised it was still functioning for me. Only God can make something (like the human body) that can be treated so horribly, horribly bad for so VERY long and can still keep on truckin’. It will catch up with us though in the form of cancer, heart attack, strokes, diabetes, depression, anxiety, MS, taking drugs to combat all this stuff we could prevent with diet and so many more awful things. Then once you start treating it the way it was meant to be treated it heals itself!!! This time I felt great doing it but just tired. I have convinced myself for so long that I cannot do it that I have believed it. No longer! With God I can do all things!! He is an AMAZING God, I tell ya!!

No comments: