Monday, May 3, 2010

Meemaw’s 59th, Strawberries, & More House pics

April 27th was my Mom’s 59th birthday!!  We celebrated by going to Outback and then coming back over here for some vegan Velveteen cupcakes and some talk.  Didn’t fit in cards this visit because it had already gotten too late. I gave my Mom a date for us two to get together at her house and go kayaking together.  I cannot wait for us to cash this in together.

vegan cupcakes 001

Sorry the pics are blurry.  I have been working in manual on the camera but inside at at night it can be tough to do it on my camera.  I ended up setting it to Auto.  Meemaw getting her cupcake with her candles on it.Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 001

Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 003Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 004Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 005

This is GG.  She is my Dad’s  Mom.  She and my Uncle Jerry were able to make it over too. Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 008Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 007Clara had to blow out the candles too.  I love my Meemaw….she is truly the best Mom anyone could ever ask for.  I have learned so much from her and am truly grateful that God blessed me with such an amazing family!!  Happy Birthday Meemaw!!

Last week we made it to the strawberry farm.  We did not stay long because a certain 2-year old did not find it fun walking in the aisles to pick strawberries and was just not having it.  ;)  We did make a stop and ate lunch with friends.  It was a great visit and needs to happen more often!  Here are a few pics of the short visit to the strawberry farm.  We got enough to freeze and have been enjoying Christian’s homemade strawberry lemonade!  Excellent stuff!!Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 009Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 010

Today was inspection day on the potential new house.  Everything went smoothly.  We are having the septic inspected tomorrow.  Hopefully that will go smoothly as well.  If all works out then we will be moving in around June 15th!!  We are so excited! 

Here is a shot of the pool.  The best way to explain this area is the middle yard.  You walk in the front door of the house into this yard.

This shot is looking back at the front door after you walk through it.Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 027You then walk through the door and walk into this.  The two black marks in the wading pool are fountains.  They just were not turned on at the moment.Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 012Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 013

I am looking forward to having a space large enough to have family and friends over.  There will be room for everyone!Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 014

Okay…I know.  This is one of the things I am looking forward to most.  Finally having a gas stove again!  I have so missed the gas stove I used to have.  I cannot wait to make my first dinner on it!!  God willing!Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 015

I will be able to see what all is going on from the kitchen.  I can look out one side of windows and see the pool and the other side see the lake.  At my sink I can actually look out a window while I do dishes and see another side of the lake (canal really).  Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 016

Clara is posing in the master bedroom.  Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 021       

Clara is looking forward to baths in the big ‘ol tub!  She is not the only one….=)Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 022

This is something we are looking forward to enjoying during the winter.  A fireplace while we enjoy the view of the lake.  Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 018Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 017

Christian is hanging out in the rocking chair.  This is the view of the water from the side of the house.  It wraps around on 2 sides of the house.Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 030          

Clara in the rocker too! Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 029  

Backyard view

.Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 019   Meemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 025   

This is part of the master closet.  This just cracks me up!!  How can one person have so many shoes!!  How can 2 people have this many shoes.  I joked with Clay that it will end up being our library….LOL  I said it jokingly but it might just really be.  =DMeemaw's birthday & Honeysuckle House 023

Hopefully everything will work out smoothly.  If not then it is not in God’s plans.  We will be happy to stay where we are also.  I will try to keep you guys posted.

1 comment:

Lulu's Journey said...

okay.. absolutely beautiful!! Where is the house? Love it!