Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yummy Vegan Alfredo Sauce

I found a great recipe for Alfredo sauce on Vegan Yum Yum. If you want to see this great website go here. It is really simple and it passed the "family" test. Cullen was the only one not too fond of it. Here is how she has the recipe on her website. This recipe is enough for me to purchase her new book coming out. Vegan Yum Yum cookbook!

"Hurry Up Alfredo
Makes 2-3 Servings

1 Cup Soymilk
1/3 Cup Raw, Unsalted Cashews
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
3 Tbs Low-Sodium Tamari or Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Earth Balance Margarine
1 Tbs Tahini
1 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Paprika (smoked is awesome!)
1 Pinch Nutmeg
2-4 Cloves of Garlic
optional Black pepper, to taste

Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. This may work best in a high-speed blender (like a Vita-Mix), but you can definitely make it in a regular blender. Just blend extra-long, or perhaps strain if if you want it perfectly smooth. Tiny bits of cashews won’t hurt anyone though!"

I have a Vita-Mix so there were no cashew bits left and it was perfectly smooth and creamy! It was delicious. I used a LOT of garlic b/c we love it. I also used Shoyu instead of tamari b/c I did not have any. I sauteed brocoli and onions and then added that with the rice spiral noodles I used and the sauce. YUMMY!!! I wanted to share this with you guys. I LOVED alfredo and any creamy sauce and this passes the test! Give it a try!

No comments: