Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tot School

Tot School
~Clara is 19 months~


Okay...this will be another post I am joining in on to help me with my Clara at home with her schooling. This is just my first post. I will be trying to incorporate Clara's learning with the boys' schooling too. I hope to have some posts here soon of the plans I have for the up and coming school year. I am really excited about the organizational opportunities our workboxes will do for us. I hope to give you more info on the workboxes very soon with pictures. If you want to get an early jump on the Workbox System click here. I hope to gather new ideas and hopefully share a few too through the Tot School posts. I first learned of Tot School through the great site of Carissa's at 1+1+1=1. Clara is 19 months old and is starting school! =D Please let me know if you like these Smilebox slideshows better than just posting them directly into Blogger. It is sooooo much easier!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Tot School 6-09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




Since this was our first go at Tot School we really only did a few activites. This activity with the pom poms works on colors, sorting, fine motor skills, counting, etc. She also colored some and we introduced the letter A. I hope to bring a lot more of the things we do in the coming weeks. I hope to get many ideas and hopefully give some ideas to others. I hope you enjoy our Tot School journey.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOH, I'm so excited to read this and to hear what you're doing with Clara! She is looking so grown up in those pictures!!

Stacy said...

Mikki, honestly, thank you SO MUCH for this post. I'm practically crying I'm so excited! I have wanted to really get us on some sort of plan, schedule, something in regards to playing more purposefully and I had no idea where to start. I LOVE how the philosophy on the site you referenced says that "Tot School" is really just playing with a purpose - not super-structured "SCHOOL." This approach of learning via playing with a purpose is exactly what I had in mind, I have been doing some of these things but needed direction in how to really come up with a plan. I want to make sure that having Delaney home with me is an advantage for her, not eventually a disadvantage because I fall into a rut and get lazy about how we spend our time. Please keep writing about this and sharing resources! I sure will be following because I need direction for kids in our girls' age range - such a big difference between our toddler's ages and older toddlers. Yippee! Sorry for such a long, rambling comment!

Mikki said...

Thanks guys for showing so much support. It makes my heart warm knowing I might lead to some new ideas. I am just getting ideas from the other blogs. As you know I homeschool the boys and intend on homeschooling Clara as well. It can be tough to find ways to incorporate everything I want while not ripping myself in all different parts trying to get it all done. =0 Having your kiddoes home with you is not about them knowing the most but having your beliefs and morals instilled more hours a day than not. Stacy don't feel badly that you may not get all you want done with her in a day. Our kiddoes are watching every move we make...make them good moves.....=D Thanks you guys very much for the support!! I hope to have a lot more coming in the weeks ahead.

RockerMom said...

I love the pom poms. Tot School is so much fun to do, isn't it? Thanks for sharing!!

Jess said...

Welcome to Tot School!! It's so much fun!!!