Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tot Food & Sword Fighting

I am going to start trying to blog about my up and coming school girl. I have found these new links to blogs with Tot School and Tot Food. They inspire me to be more creative as I am NOT!! This blog has started it all... http://totallytots.blogspot.com/This will be my first attempt at something like this and I hope you guys enjoy. This is what Clara ate today for lunch and dinner. I bought these neat plates at Target today. They help me fill her plate with different goodies. Tonight's dinner was black beans (straight from the can), blueberries, blackberries, and mango, and a new try of Kashi 7 Whole Grain Pilaf Moroccan Curry style. It is excellent for her and the boys really liked it too!! She also had grilled chicken again leftover from last night's grill out. The Kashi Pilaf is so easy and so healthy. It is in a packet that you open up and put in the microwave for 90 seconds with 2 tbsp water and "walla" rice is served. It is organic and has 8 g protein and 7 g of fiber. They liked it, they liked it!! For lunch she had grilled chicken too but I gave her cottage cheese, frozen peas (really, straight from the freezer), blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries and she tried gnocchi for the first time. She did not like the gnocchi. =( She loves peas and they are like little sweet, cool treats straight from the freezer. I learned it from another blogger. She loved her new plates too!! Here are some pics of her dinner and her eating her lunch.




On another note altogether.....The boys started theatrical sword fighting class with our homeschool group a few weeks ago and I have been meaning to add pics of them. They LOVE it!!! It is more like a sword dance. They look forward to it very much every Wednesday. It will also benefit the boys in any theater that they do. Christian has just now learned he got 2 roles in Mulan that the Children's Theater is doing. He will be playing Yao and a yonger version of Xiao. We will begin rehearsals in July. It will last 2 weeks and then he will have 4 performances. He is looking forward to it very much. Congratlations Christian on getting a part in Mulan!!! I am so proud of you!!



2 comments:

Carisa said...

Thanks for joining us!!! Your daughter is beautiful!!!

Carisa

Stacy said...

I would love to read lots about you and the tot stuff - I need ideas SO BADLY! I'll definitely be checking out that website too. I really have been lacking in creativity in food and activities for Delaney, especially now that it's so hot and humid here. I think she's such a smart little cookie, and so dang busy, and I want to challenge her appropriately. So I can use all the help I can get!

And seriously, is Clara really 34 pounds? Did I read that right on my FB page? I mean, seriously? Delaney is so busy and so picky and did I mention busy that I just can't get any weight on her. I'm going to have to try the ideas you mentioned - keep 'em coming!