Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008!!

This post will probably take me quite some time. I struggle posting because it takes so stinking long to download all the pictures. I am trying to find an easier way. I think the interesting things in a Blog are the pictures!! They tell so much without me having to say much and I KNOW all of you want to see pictures of my precious kiddoes!! ;)

At first we had Christmas over at Clint and Cindy's house (Clay's brother). It is our second year of having Christmas over there. We had it on Christmas Eve, Eve this time. It is a nice time but just goes by too fast. Kathy (Taffy-grandma) got these great bags years ago and just keeps adding more bags as the grandkid population grows! =)

Clara's favorite part of opening gifts is the tissue paper.....yummy!
Papa Dave helping Christian open up his bag full of gifts!

Taffy and Papa Dave always manage to get a "yucky" Christmas present every year. One year the kids got a poopin' moose and this year they got gross balls filled with little roaches or rats...YUCK!! The kids thought they were neat though as you can tell by the look on Cullen's face.Here is a pic of Clara in the cute PJs Taffy got her.

The boys got these neat riding carts from Taffy and Papa. Clara gave them a whirl and loved them just as much too. I have video of the grownups and Clara having a blast on them. I will have to get it uploaded soon. Just watch the video links at the upper right corner of the blog.The next stop was Meemaw and Pawpaw's for our traditional Christmas. We have been having Christmas the same way for as long as I can remember. When I was young we celebrated Christmas by spending Christmas Eve at my grandparents house (GG's house; my dad's (pawpaw) mom & dad). We would wait forever to open our PJ's for Christmas Eve and that was the only present we could open up before Christmas morning. We would then play cards, eat, hang out, and enjoy families together. Christmas morning, up bright and early, we would wait to be surprised at our "walk out" to see what was left under the tree for us. We focused a bit more on Santa as kids but we just have it as surprises and do not do Santa now. We want the focus to be on Christ's birth and the life He gave for us. So no Santa photos here.....sorry! =) We would rush out and there would be a blur of wrapping paper, oohs, awws, and excitement filled the air. It is very much like that today but we now spend the night at my parents house. We play cards and open our Christmas PJs like all the years before and I pray many more to come. The difference was that PJ time came late this year as the newly married couple, Matt & Candy, have many Christmases and arrived after midnight. Clara could not wait that long and got her own special time to open her PJ package. Here is my treasure sporting her Christmas PJs.



Here Clara is cuddled up and goofing off with Pawpaw as usual. Does she look like she is ready for bed?? She ended up waking back up later that night and hanging out with us for quite a while.


I hate that Clara went to bed early and missed the group open of PJs. Here we are in ours....yes the grown kids still get their PJs and we VERY HAPPILY look forward to it each year!! Who doesn't want new PJs??




We played our usual cards and had a blast. Pawpaw changed things up this year and made 2 different tables. We had a tournament of sorts. We played golf. The winners of one table moved to the next and had a play off. Here is a shot of all of us playing cards. The next shot is of Cullen as the winner of the award for the Double Loser (notice the 2 L's on his forehead). He lost at the loser's table.....=) Cullen is quite like his daddy and can be quite cocky while playing cards....it bit him in the butt this time. =) It was a BLAST!! Time you can never have again!



By the way...I belong at this table too. Somebody has to take the pictures!


Then, we all went to bed way too late...something like 1 I think. Candy and Matt made it safe and sound. The kids cannnot see the living/dining room presents until the "walk-in" so they are protected away from there until time to walk in. Here is a shot of Clara's first "walk-in" with the boys!!


This was Clara's stocking present. She picked it out herself at the store but don't remind her...=)


The big present this year was a laptop. We needed one (wanted one) for the schoolroom. The boys have other ideas for it but I really could use it in the schoolroom. So now we finally have our schoolroom and a computer in there to top it off. God is good!!





I have the sweetest boys God ever made. They went to a football game with Meemaw and Pawpaw and Uncle Jerry. They did some Christmas shopping after the game. The boys wanted to pick something out just for Clara. They picked out a GREAT hippo ball pit! Clara just LOVES it!! They are so thoughtful and caring and it does not hurt that they are head over hills in love with their sister!! Makes my heart feel great!!


My Cullen already eating his stocking candy before it is over....that is my boy!







After playing with Clara inside we moved the hippo and balls outside and watched a great game fo Christmas football!!

We put Clara's stocking stuffer together and brought it out for her. She got the hang of it pretty good. It has a place up front for her to carry her babies.
Christian got to try on Tanner's (next door neighbor; great friend) waders on. He loved them and I got a great picture of him in them.

Here is a picture of the spread before it got demolished!!


Okay...after this post I realize I take WAY TOO MANY pictures but I cannot stop myself. I just LOVE to take them. I wish I would have taken more when the boys were little. We spent some time New Year's Eve at mom and dad's (Meemaw & Pawpaw) playing cards and looking at old photos. Life is just a glimpse, a whisp of time that passes so quickly. I like to document each moment on film. Here are a few more shots then I am quitting on this post. I hope to post sooner next time.


Okay, okay....one more picture. But I did not take this one. I stole it from my new sister-in-law, Candy. I use the term "new" loosely because Candy has been around as long as Clay and I have been married if not longer. But it was so nice to have her at Christmas morning with us and she actually spent the night at mom and dad's and as she put it in her blog....got to sleep in the same bed as Matt finally! See....being married is a good thing! Okay, I could not resist stealing this picture and sharing it with you guys. (Don't worry, Candy steals my pics often too). Candy got a new camera for Christmas and is now a picture-taking-fool like I am. When you have a good camera it is very difficult not to see life in little snapshots that can be saved forever. Okay, get ready...How cute is this?? My Treasure and the best hubby ever!! God is GREAT!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It looks like you guys had a GREAT Christmas!!! I LOOOOOOVE looking at all the pictures and I can't believe how big the kids are getting!