Friday, September 24, 2010

Cowboys and a Triathlon!

Last week we went on a homeschool field trip to Cowboys Stadium!!  Clay took the day off of work and Clara spent a great day at Meemaw and Pawpaw’s house.  The field trip was geared towards middle and high school grades.  Here are some pics.  The stadium is AWESOME!  I am not much of a football fan but I enjoyed the tour.Cowboy stadium 007

The screen is HUGE.  It weighs as much as a gassed up loaded jet plane with luggage and passengers on board. 

Cowboy stadium 009 Cowboy stadium 010 Cullen & Christian in one of the sky boxes.

Cowboy stadium 012 Cowboy stadium 013 Cowboy stadium 014 Cowboy stadium 018 Cowboy stadium 019 Cowboy stadium 022 Cowboy stadium 023

I loved this pic.  Have times changed or what?  Now you pay somthing like $30 just to stand at the game not to mention paying for parking too.

Cowboy stadium 025 Cowboy stadium 027 Cowboy stadium 031 Cowboy stadium 032

I thought it was great they had a #19 out as that was my Dad’s number too along with my brother, Mike’s number.  My Dad had a small run playing with the Cowboys back in his day.  Pretty neat to think of him playing on the Cowboys.  Cowboy stadium 033 Cowboy stadium 034

& of course Clay had to put the jersey on and give his dislike of it.  He is a 49ers fan through and through!  Although he cannot stand the Cowgirls he enjoyed the tour and the awesome stadium.

Cowboy stadium 036 Cowboy stadium 039

After the tour we grabbed lunch at PF Chang’s and headed back to Meemaw’s to pick up Clara and head home.  It was a great day but a LONG day! 

I had to throw in these pics of Clara “doing” Christian’s hair today.  She loves, loves, loves to “do” hair.  She wanted me to do her hair more after we finished her veil style today.  It is such a God send that she enjoys it!  I love that she wants to look in the mirror at her hair when we finish and says, “Cute, cute!”  After she finished Christian’s hair she said, “Cute!”.  Cowboy stadium 043 Cowboy stadium 041

I also have to add that this past weekend was the TRIATHLON!!  It was one of the best feelings to cross that finish line!!  I have to admit I cried a bit….if not more than a bit.  ;)  I really owe a great deal to my wonderfully, supportive hubby!  He is just amazing!  He was a great coach and trainer!  I cannot wait for my next triathlon.  God is truly amazing and His grace is just unending.  I am still in amazement that He allowed me to pick myself up from the addiction of food and blessed me like He has.  I am hoping to do a 5K in January and possibly a bike ride on top of that.  We will be continuing with the training.  I never thought I would enjoy activity like I am.  It is so satisfying to be following in His will! 

No comments: